Monday, August 3, 2009

The Mellowest Monday...




Today I had jury duty, but I phoned after 11:00 am to find out that I was not needed. So with that behind me, I headed over to Town East Mall in search of completing several tasks at hand. The first place I went was to Lenscrafters (again) to see about getting that darn screw replaced for the THIRD time. I know exactly what happened & they are faking like they are correcting the matter. The last time I was in getting an adjustment, they replaced my nose pads & the screw they inserted is not the right size. They are an older pair that I've had for about 5 years, but they are excellent frames & I keep the most current lenses updated in them for my computer use at home.

After speaking with the manager whom assisted me, she suggested that I take them over to the eyeglass repairman across from the mall. I ventured through the mall to check out some things before heading over & sure as rain, he fixed them right on the spot. He confirmed that they were putting in an inferior screw & it was MUCH smaller than what it required. I told him that I hoped that I didn't have to use him again, but if so....I would be back. By then I was famished & stopped by KFC to pick up a bite to eat. Then it was back home to chill for the rest of the evening. My mechanic phoned around 8:00 pm to say that he was expecting me to come & pick up my vehicle. I advised him that I was waiting for his call, so I dressed & went over to pay him all that ransom money to get my baby back. My vehicle is like brand new because he did a LOT of work that cost me a LOT of money, but it was an investment into the thing that carries my my precious commodity....ME !!!!

I'm glad all that is now behind me where I can start to work on some other things that I've anticipated, but my car was my priority because I need it for so many things that I do. My mechanic has no problems with doing what he needs to make sure I'm pleased & he tries to keep my car as clean as possible. But you can see fingerprints all over this sucker, so I will be outside with a bucket of suds with a sponge the moment I can get it done. It feels so funny sitting this high in my SUV when I've been on the ground driving a Toyota Camry.

Let me get to bed as tomorrow I'm sure will be a crazy day !

T.

No comments: