
The sound of the pounding rain & loud thunder woke me up this morning. When I went to bed, the storm was approaching & it went on for quite a while according to what I saw as I checked outside to see just what I was up against.
And the local news forecasted chaos along the entire length of my path, so I knew that I had to get on the road earlier than usual. It appeared that the temperature would not be cool, but instead going up toward the 80's. I dressed quickly in an outfit that would work either way & headed out of the door. The rain brutally pounded my car & I'm so glad that I didn't set my hair last night or I would be an upset sista this morning. I think that it's time for new windshield wiper blades because I could tell from the swishes that the rubber isn't quite doing like it should. So I'll get that done this weekend along with some other routine maintenance to my vehicle. There is nothing more fun than winterizing your vehicle....but is so worth it !
My day went along reasonable well with little to no drama. It was kind of quiet because the phones are screwed up & that's okay with me (LOL). I had a chance to clean up a lot of emails on several accounts & get some other stuff out of the way. Main campus FINALLY sent me some documents that I requested from the print shop 3 weeks ago & I was down to my LAST 4 items to use. Tomorrow we have a meeting with the Director for all the Administrative Secretaries, but rumor has it that he has the flu & will likely be held by another department head.
I'm heading to bed now because the rain does some wicked stuff to my mentality (drowsy), & I'll catch back up to you later.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment