
You guys just have to bear with me because it don't take much to throw my focus off & lately I've been real lazy with my blogging. I think that it's due to the change of season underway because you know that I sleep a LOT in the Fall/Winter. Sometimes I wonder if that is why I'm so in love with (teddy)bears....because the real bears hibernate ! Anyway, I'm working on improving my lack of discipline and dismiss the excuses.
Today was a reasonably decent day minus the fact that I majorly overslept this morning. My typical time to rise is between 5:45 am - 6:00 am, but today was one of those days that should have been a weekend because it was 7:20 am when I opened my eyes. Who knows how the 2 alarm clocks behaved, but either they failed me or I failed to recognize them both. I was in shock as I heard my heart racing trying to figure out which way was up at that point. I phoned my co-workers to advise that I would be a few moments late & off running through the house I went. The first thing I did was shower for that fresh feeling soap & water gives, then I hurried back to my master bedroom to dress. I was able to pull it off without too much hesitation, but when I went out of my front door was when I discovered that I could not get out of my driveway because of a water main break and they had me blocked in !!!!
Oh God, how I wanted to scream so bad. I felt like that guy on My Name Is Earl because I couldn't win either way. I "patiently" waited(yeah right)until they got the matter handled & EVENTUALLY was on my way to the office. I arrived just shy of 8:45 am & I ended up being blocked out of Windows because I was not typing my password correctly. I knew then that I should have backed out & went back from the direction I came. But I managed to get things underway on a normal day, but if there is one thing that I adamantly loathe...being LATE !!!!
Eventually my day ended without too much friction & Pilate's was pure murder in the act today. I had a cramp in my right leg that wants to move in & pay rent, but I came home & soaked that crappy leg in some Epsom Salt water which will perform an excorcism to cure all of that. I decided as I was sitting here that I would put up the playlist on some of MY favorite picks of Isaac Hayes. But you know that I will drive you crazy with a love song. I'm sorry, but I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and those songs just make me feel crazy emotionally !!!
I'm working on the next one which will include David Ruffin for Friday. Now how many of you know about that one ? If you don't, I'm gonna teach you a thing or two about the GREAT ones. But for now, I'm outta here because I need a better night sleep because I can't afford to make oversleeping on a workday a habit.
Love ya !
T.
2 comments:
Doesn't get any better than David Ruffen you know I was raised by a man who loved the Temptations all incarnations, well back in the day ones. They feature either David, Eddie, or Dennis or some combination of the three depending on when you were seeing them. *lol*
Teach me girl!*lol*
-OG
I'll compile a couple of lists this weekend to show the many vocal talents of them individually. As you know, I love the Temptations & even still now...although the melody has changed because there is NOTHING like the real thing,baby !
T.
Post a Comment