Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lazy Thursday....






Today started my extended holiday weekend & all I did was lay around in my nightgown until I escaped it for a few moments to bathe. And when that was complete, it was right back where I started from. I didn't do anything at all because I only have so many things that will keep me on the run tomorrow that it's a shame.

But for today....it was all about me watching tv & sleeping until my heart was content. By the time the Democratic convention was over, I had screamed in sheer delight to a point that my throat was raw & my heart raced at a thousand beats per second. I'm grateful for bearing witness in a moment of hope upon hope. You know that I ordinarily do not entertain matters of politics, but for this moment I have a candidate that I can love again since my days of Ann Richards(she was my all-time political hero & always will be).

See ya..

T.

2 comments:

rawdawgbuffalo said...

off topic:

Did Obama do enough to win? Did his speech convert any of the 20% I have spoke of previously or was he preaching to the choir?

just asking because thats y asked what happens if obama looses? and questioned the Biden selection

Sister Girl said...

When you stand on your faith,as I do,it doesn't begin to entertain the perhaps of "What if..." - to do so would be complete validation of doubt.

It's a case of either he wins or loses,but the question is will the people believe in him or fall for the same bullshyt for 4 more years of what the last 8 have done.

All these people are "afraid" of his skin color unless he's (ahem)cleaning their house,chauffering them around as personal assistants,or mowing their lawns.

T.