Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Somber Sunday...





This blog is coming in early today because I'm literally SICK to my heart to learn of the death of Isaac Hayes. If I've never told you before, let me tell you now....he was the most TALENTED person in the business that I've known. Just like all the great talents that deserve mentioning as well, but you know that I'm just like a bag of Lay's potato chips..."you can't just do one".

1. Isaac Hayes
2. Barry White
3. Curtis Mayfield
4. Lamont Dozier
5. Brian Holland
6. Eddie Holland
7. Willie Hutch
8. David Porter
9. Burt Bacharach


If you take a good look at great songs that have come our way in the past, you will see one of these names in the credits. The thing with Barry White & Isaac Hayes is that they were super multi-talented. Barry White had his own orchestra,wrote his songs,and pretty much ran 20th century record labels. Isaac Hayes produced so many memorable performers from the BarKays,the Emotions,much less the fact that he had his OWN shyt rocking at the same time. Black Moses has always been favored by me as the BADDEST album in the history of my memory. Nothing & NO ONE can change where that album is in my heart. I'm grateful for having known him because there are so many youngsters that only will remember him from South Park as Chef, but believe me when I say there are many songs that get played over and over...and over again at my house. So if you don't want to hear any Isaac Hayes, please don't spend any time in my den because I certainly will lay it on you (smile).

This week, the playlist will be dedicated to some of my favorite picks that Isaac either sang or produced, so get ready to be driven crazy !

One love,

T.

5 comments:

Leva Diva said...

Hey mama. I remember you telling me how much of a fan you are of Black Moses. Gene's family called first thing yesterday morning because remember I told you they have family ties. First The Mac Man now Black Moses. We're just SICK!!!

Sauce said...

great playlist, sis.

Sister Girl said...

Awww man...you know that I cried a while yesterday, & was still crying from Bernie Mac. Both have brought me joy through the venues that I love....music and laughter. You know that when I'm not doing one,I'm doing the other.

BTW, the "Love Gravy" song on South Park cracks me up everytime !

T.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Man it is kinda sad! But I am thankful they were here long enough to bless us with their immeasurable and incomparable talents.

I know who's list I'll be listening to while I clean this week.

-OG

Sister Girl said...

Hmmm...I wonder if I could put up multiple lists on Blogger or if I would just have to work with linking to Imeem ?

I'll put up another one tomorrow night as my azz was beaten down at work today & I'm going to the queen's chambers for some SNORING(ha ha). I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty sure I do it !

That's my story & I'm sticking to it..

T.