Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday's Fun With Mold Allergies...





I attempted to open my eyes upon a brand new day, except one of them wasn't interested in coming along for the ride. This is the time of year that just drives me crazy with the mold spores & it affected the one eye that it always does. I knew from the day before due to the fact that I couldn't smell some carpet glue in the office that everyone was complaining about that I was on my way to a big blowup. But I never thought that it would have unfolded this way.

The pain in my eye woke me up around 4:00 am because I was having the most insane dream that I can ever recall. In this dream, this rooster was attempting to attack my eyes for some reason & as I was fighting to protect my face is when I opened my eyes to this incredible pain. At first I thought that I had somehow poked it in my sleep because I woke up with my hands near my face. So I jumped up & ran toward my lighted mirror to see if there was blood or anything, but the only thing I could see was the redness & swelling. I washed my hands before preparing a hot compress for my eye because I've danced this dance before & I needed to address this immediately. Since I have chronic dry eye, I decided to apply some GenTeal to it so that it would relieve the aggravation & it helped tremendously. From this point is just a matter of time before I'll be back to normal, but allergies are huge in my family(grass,tree,mold).

Since I couldn't infect anyone, I decided that I would make an attempt to work today unless my co-workers felt uncomfortable having me around & then I would leave. But they know how my allergies are early Spring/Fall & you can't catch an allergy from someone. My eye wasn't running or anything, so I did just fine today while keeping my eye moist. One audiologist had the same issue this morning, but had to go to the opthamologist since she wears contacts. I can't imagine what my situation would have been like had that been me, but I have enough trouble missing eye drops much less putting in a contact. There wasn't much activity today in the office & it was a very pleasant day.

We finally received a decent rain today & the temperatures are just marvelous. It's suppose to stay nice this weekend with the 90's returning perhaps later next week. The clique are playing cards tonight, but I'll have to excuse myself from it because of fact that I know that I'll want a drink & can't have it while taking this allergy medication. I'll hopefully catch them soon because this is my kind of weather & it's time for me to have some fun again !


Before I leave you, here's a picture of my swollen eye STRETCHED open for this picture. My eye on the right has fever & I need to apply more hot compresses to it to force the yuck come out.

T.

8 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

poor baby

Sister Girl said...

Thanks for the love !

I do feel better this morning although the irritation is still present.

T.

Sauce said...

yeah, poor babyyyyyyyy


hoping ya feel better real soon!

Sauce

Sister Girl said...

Hey PopS !

Appreciate the well wishes & I'm on my way. I was reading earlier online about that house fire in Memphis overnight...such a shame !

T.

Denise said...

morning sunshine! hope your eye is better now.
~D~

Sister Girl said...

My eye has completely recovered...thanks for the wishes !

T.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Good to know!! Yep I am starting to get a few allergies myself, not as bad as yours. But I just told myself its time to pick up some Zertec D next time I stop by Walgreens!

-OG

Sister Girl said...

I found the best deal for Zyrtec at Sam's Club for $32.00 for 75 tablets ! That's crazy because everywhere else sells the 45 tablet bottle for $29.00 everywhere.

T.