Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, P.J. !!!!

It was a sheer blessing to open my eyes wide this morning since that shot of vodka last night wore off the evils of allergies(LOL). Now I know why my relatives used to take a "taste" of the hard stuff when I was growing up. It's not like they whipped it out in front of kids, but you sure as heck knew they did by the way it wafered off their breath. And God only knows, the one that had the most talked the longest & seemed to never run out of breath.


Anywho, I slowly rose from the bed to decide which way I needed to head out first. I ended up going to one bank that I needed to deposit some rebate checks to & since it was close to Northpark mall, I decided to run up & see my perfume lady(she is the neatest thing....ALWAYS hooks me up). I had already run out of my Chanel Coco body cream & she had two hidden away for me. So I bounced in & completed my transaction and she hooked me up some perfume samples on Coco Mademoiselle for a co-worker. But I had to pass the handbag boutique & I saw this bad-azz Dolce and Gabbana that was marked down to $950.00(???) from $1950.00(?????)....and I kept it moving because I would have lost my mind if I sauntered toward the shoe boutique(and I had a lot on my agenda).

I had to stop by Circuit City to handle a matter that is in process, and from there I crossed over to Town East mall to see about replacing my lenses in my glasses. I've always dealt with Lenscrafters, but that chick had to been high on cough syrup to think that I was about to drop $210.00 for single vision replacement lenses with my own frames. I had to catch myself from snatching those glasses from her while picking up my prescription to tell her "Oh now....that won't be transpiring today". I had Pearle to quote me a much different price for total with scratch protector, but like I said....I've always dealt with Lenscrafters(but that relationship has divorced). What I find so interesting is that she never even told me what the cost she quoted entailed. So if she thought she saw a fool coming....guess again, friend !


After leaving that place, I stopped by Eyemasters to see what they would tell me & they quoted $67.00 plus $70.00 more for scratch coating...and I told the gentleman that I would be back(grin). But we both knew that I wouldn't, so don't leave the light on because it just won't happen. When I was heading to my vehicle, my cell phone rang and it was Samantha telling me to pick up her nephew & bring him to the doctor's office to drive her home. I cussed her out yesterday because she has bronchitis so bad & she has been hard headed about going to the doctor. They have sent her back home for the last 3 days because she's coughing,choking, & throwing up from the acuteness. I told her that there was no way she would make her family reunion in Beaumont this weekend if she didn't get an antibiotic inside of her because that South Texas humidity will kick a new hole in her.

After I did that, it was time for some grub because I was literally starving. I stopped by a place close to the doctor's office & ordered some sesame chicken and it was very, very good ! After chilling out from today's run, I crawled across the bed to watch Judge Judy...don't you just love her ? Now I need to burn some cd's for a friend to take to her family reunion this weekend & all she want are some soul & blues. My problem is that I can burn for me, but it's hard for me to create for someone else. Bae Bae can really do some excellent mixes, but mine end up being the stuff that "I" want to hear.


I'll get off here & do my duty now....see ya later !

Here's Parliament funkin' it on "Night of The Thompasaurus People"






T.

4 comments:

Sauce said...

T.,

thanks for coming by my spot. I certainly will be visiting yours again.


Tell P.J. that Sauce say Happy Birthday too!!

Take care of yourself and peace and blessings to you and yours.

Sister Girl said...

Thank you,darling !

It will be my pleasure having you share the world as I see it.

T.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

what u know about my fav group ever

i saw them in concert when mothership connection - that album came out lol
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me


my folk did a review and interview on me so chk it

my folk did a book review and interview on latest book, chk it pls http://pimpinpens.blogspot.com/2008/06/insights-and-highlifes-review-and_12.html review and interview

Leva Diva said...

Girl for the life of me I do NOT understand paying $500+ for glasses, shoes or handbags; and $1950 is unthinkable! I sho wish I had perfume lady though.

Now about the eyeglasses. Girl how about I got Ebby some glasses and she had them all of ONE day! Gene told me in advance that we needed to get her 2 pair but you know I'm hardheaded.

Oh yea I dont do mix cd's for anybody unless they give me a list.