I struggled to open my eyes because two things were happening....a) my head was pounding and b) my eyes were stuck together. The pollen here simply MUST be intolerable & I surely miss my dog because he was a sneezing maniac when the pollen was to the extreme. But since he's no longer on earth, I have to rough it on my own. But I would have paid Satan himself to take what I was feeling this morning anyplace else & drop into the sea with concrete boots.
I rocked back & forth for most of the day trying to relieve myself of the grief that I was experiencing, and I swallowed so much Excedrin that I began to lost count. My sister called around 3:15 pm & told me that she failed to email me that we were all going out for family dinner at Ruby Tuesday's for her birthday since most won't be around tomorrow. I had to hurry to bathe, get my hair together, put on my makeup, and be there in 35 minutes. Lo and behold, I managed to pull it off...but my head was screaming & my eyes were crimson red from it all. We crammed into several cars & headed over to the restaurant.
This was my first time there & let me tell you, I was NOT impressed in the minimalist. I ordered a burger (are we shocked....that's practically all they sell), & the waiter comes to the table to announce to everyone that they ran out of french fries (but offered other vegetables....what the heck). Who in their right mind wants mashed potatoes, carrots, or steamed broccoli with a hamburger ? My sister requested that we go there & she was extremely unhappiest of all. I ordered a shot of Absolut with a coke chaser & everyone else had strawberry margarita. My nephew, Erick, sat directly across from me & was laughing when they presented my shot of liquor to me. I told him "This is nothing compared to how the crew kick it" & slammed that baby straight down with no burn.
But you know what.....I felt a hell of a lot better after I did that. That headache had to burn rubber & I was the happiest person. I must say that it's been years since I've purchased a shot of liquor anywhere, but that was the BIGGEST shot glass that I've ever seen (and it's a good thing too because I paid $5.99 for that joker). We returned home where we watched the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler while my sister blended up some more strawberry margaritas with some Sauza gold in it. And we swilled on the frozen treat until just shy of 10:00 pm because some people had to go to work today (she's off all week & I'm off tomorrow).
T.
2 comments:
I likes that as I told WNG Vodka Saves!!
I'm getting a t-shirt with that one day!!
Anyway you are right WHO runs out of frendh fires and if there are mashed patatoes hmmmm
-OG
Give me a vodka ANYDAY of the week & I'm a happy chick ! If you see a tee shirt of the likes, let me know & I'll cop one for us both.
T.
Post a Comment