Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Slower Saturday...

I opened my eyes to a gorgeous sunrise just shy of 8:00 am, but still unable to quite prepare myself for the outside world. Honestly, I laid there until just shy of 11:00 am & that was only because Samantha was coming by to drop off a CD that she was having problems reading on her computer & she wanted me to try.

It was just around 2:30 am when I returned home last night from hanging out with my friends. There were many rounds of mojitos, nachos, and fried ribs (are just like pork chops & great with hot sauce spread all over). It was a beautiful night to sit out under the stars reeking of Cutter while the industrial size fan blew away any willing mosquitos that bothered to "try" getting close. But we had some fun having discussions of the "old days" of coming up as children & what we endured compared to now. There is one guy that hangs with us that wants to "hook up" with me so bad, but I'm just not interested in it. He's liked me for a long time, but I just don't see him as anything more than my friend. He also belongs to the same motorcyle club as my sister's husband & they will usually show up to chill before the end of the gathering.

Samantha arrived & left the CD with me, & her niece had burned some pictures in MS Word...but I couldn't get it to pull up on my laptop nor my big baby. And to be honest, I'm unsure what format she burned it because my stuff was saying that the CD was "blank", but she swore that she had seen the document....but now she couldn't. I've burned many a data CD in my day, but this is one for the lesson ! When she left, I crawled back into bed and watched "Claudine" on TVOne before drifting back to sleep. Then I cooked some pasta for dinner, then headed over to Walgreens for the Altoids (buy one, get one free) sale that ends today.

I'm sitting her writing this while yawning my head off, so please forgive me this time as I close with the final farewell for the night.

T.

No comments: