It was the day from H-E-L-L....literally !
I'm never rude to anyone, but I had an extremely difficult patient this morning that was really testing me to a point that I had to count to 10 before I blew my wig off my skull. I was just waiting for him to call me a NIGGA (because I could seriously feel that it was coming) & I would have lost my job today.
What happened was that he showed up at the reception desk demanding an appointment, but he has Medicaid. I advised him that we are a testing facility & he had to go to where an ENT doctor could evaluate him. It's not like he is new to it at all because we've seen him for years here, but I really think because I'm female & BLACK (he's Hispanic) that he didn't want to accept what I said. I can set him up as private pay for a cost of $200 - $300 dollars, but I was only trying to assist him most economically. He wanted me to sign off on an appointment confirmation letter that he was there for an appointment so the State of Texas could reimburse him for his costs, but like I explained to him....it would be FRAUD for me to sign saying he was there to attend an appointment.
I'm not compromising myself to lie for NOBODY to jeopardize my job because he wanted a few dollars. He got mad, snatched the paper from my hand (and when the counting began), & said that he would report me for non-cooperation. I watched him as he walked away & shook my head because this only lead to one of many things that was carried out today. The secretary to the Director sent an email requesting a meeting of all the Administrative Assistants on July 16th @ 12:00 noon because of a situation that jumped off from the day before when the Audiology extern REFUSED to see a patient & ended up crying to the clinical head like we were being "rude" to her. That was not the matter in the least because she refused to see the patient after the appointment to tell her what her costs for her hearing aids would be. She wanted the patient to come back at another appointment to be quoted costs (which is why she was here TODAY) instead of returning back to the lobby for a less that 2 minute interaction.
From that point, all hell continued to unleash it's wrath upon us until it was time for Pilate's class & I was ready to get my stretch on ! Lord knows how tense my body was from all that drama that repeated itself & never once let up unhurling on the unsuspected. By the time I made it home, it was close to 7:30 pm & a storm was brewing in the distance. Spoke with Thomas on the phone for a little while about computer stuff until the thunder forced me off (you know that I don't do thunder). So now I'm about to crawl into my big 'ole bed & call it a night because tomorrow simply must be better than today.
One love,
T.
3 comments:
I miss pilates!! Girl you're being tested I see!
-OG
I've never tried Pilates, but in my head I've been interested in them for about 3 years. I wonder if I can still do em.
Mama don't hurt nobody!
Thanks,ladies....some days are extremely challenging,but I enjoy more when the sessions end(LOL). We have classes on Wednesday evenings directly after work for an hour & although I've missed some sessions here and there, I'm hanging in as long as I can.
Post a Comment