Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's All In The Game....

Wow !

There is so much has transpired over the last few weeks that I had to get here to share it all. It took a few trials & tribulations, but the outcome was well received...and welcomed. This required a dedication through effort, but is sweeter when your mind is set to do something.

The story starts about 2 years back when my AMEX charge card suddenly had a "presset" limit applied to it. This came back at a time when Obama was elected to office & the financial markets weren't interested in playing nice with consumers anymore. After being a loyal cardmember for 10 years, I didn't panic because I knew that I had never paid late or given them any reason to "worry. My charging habits remained the same & I never questioned them on why they did it or threaten to cancel the card, as many that I read did.

As far as I'm concerned, Capital One & American Express has been the better card of any that I carried over the years. So I went along to get along & July 1st is when they notified me that they were raising my preset limit by a few thousand dollars. I thought about it for a minute, but went on my way without another thought because I knew my renewal was up in September & it would be "their" loss should I decide to go another route. Then came the middle of August when my new charge card arrived in the mail & I waited until mid-October purposely to activate it. I wanted to show them that they aren't the only decision maker here & if they wish the entertain a game, then bring the best they have. Yesterday in the mail I received a written notification of the removal of the preset limit & practically "begging' me to use my card more (Nah, I'm shedding several & they just happen to be one of my faves).

This week was a week of challenges because I survived a round of pneumonia that was not pretty in the least. My physician wanted to admit me into the hospital, but the saving grace was that I drove to his private office & promised to take the medication he gave with a follow up within 24 hours. By the grace of God I was better, but the hoarseness loves hanging around. I have a new guy in my life who is INCREDIBLE to me & nursed me through it. He holds me in such a way that I can't describe...and I love it.

One love,

T.

No comments: